Wednesday 4 August 2010

TRiPOD Update

Something about the Scissor Sisters' Invisible Light has been bothering me for a while. In particular, the Ian McKellan monologue which I discussed last week. I just couldn't put my finger on where I'd heard it before...




And then it hit me...



...which I suppose gives an interesting spin on stepping into the light, the invisible light, and raises the question of whether vampiers could conceivably attend discotheques. (Incidentally, Vincent Price made his pop-monologue debut on Michael Jackson's Thriller, which gives Invisible Light an additional, gothic intertextual meaning.)

SIDEBAR
Sometimes I wonder: when did FitCrit become all about vampires?

Answer: When all of popular culture became all about vampires, of course. Just keeping our finger on the slowly weakening pulse!

No comments:

Post a Comment